The garage door is as important as any door in your house. It is the homeowner’s goal to always keep it functional. The cable in garage doors must be maintained to ensure an easy opening and closing. But things never last for long, there will always be wears and tears. If you have a broken garage door cable, see to it that it is addressed properly the soonest time possible.
Broken Cable – How to Check it Out
- One or both sides of your garage door won’t close properly.
- If your garage door cable is rusted or frayed. It should be easy to see the damaged cable by a visual inspection. If the garage door cable is damaged, you will need to replace it. Not doing so could be dangerous.
- Same thing with a broken cable – you should see the broken cable hanging loose in the air or lying on the garage floor. A broken cable is not repairable and must be replaced totally.
Why Garage Door Cables Break
Cables break due to several contributing factors:
- Wear and Tear. Normal wear and tear is expected over the life of the door’s cables.
- Environmental Conditions. Moister accumulated from snow and ice will build up and are major factors that can cause corrosion over time.
- Lack of Maintenance. Periodic and regular visual inspections and lubrication of hardware is recommended a couple of times a year. (Think of doing this when you turn your clock forward and back for daylight saving!)
As it is very risky for an inexperienced homeowner to do the repair and replacement of the cables, it is suggested to hire professionals to do the work. Contact Pynacker Broken Garage Door Cable Repair Services that are offered in Ottawa, Orleans, Nepean, Kanata as well as throughout the Ottawa Valley including Renfrew, Arnprior, Eganville, Pembroke, Petawawa and Deep River.
Do not hesitate. Call us today!