Garage Door Troubleshooting
Always check to see if there is power to the garage door opener. This always sounds like “duh” but you will save yourself a lot of grief by starting out with the basics. Next you want to check and test the sensors. They are located at the bottom of the door on both sides at the bottom.
Here is how to check sensor problems.
- Check to see if the little green light is on both sensors. If one or both of them are off check to see if the wires to the sensors are connected properly.
- Make sure that there is nothing blocking the sensor like dirt or some object.
- Make sure the sensors are aligned with each other. Are they pointing at one another?
Key Bad Battery
- Replace the battery in your key pad and remote(s). It may be that simple!
Problems with Garage Door Opener Components
- Rather than going through all the different components and telling you what to look for – take a minute and whatch this video.
Garage Door Opener Repair Sercices are provided in Ottawa, Orleans, Pembroke, Renfrew, Petawawa. If you have a problem with your old garage door opener or are lookng for a new one, call Pynacker Garage Doors today!